World's first shark deterrent for boating at METSTRADE 2019
The newest shark deterrent product by Ocean Guardian will be featured by SOS Marine at the 2019 METSTRADE Show - the world’s largest trade exhibition of marine equipment, materials and systems. SOS Marine is a multi-award-winning Australian company with over 30 years’ experience in providing a different approach to the design of marine safety and survival equipment.
Imagine swimming off the back of your boat with the family knowing that everyone is protected by proven shark deterrent technology. The new BOAT01 is designed specifically for boat owners that want peace of mind when swimming off the back of their boat. The BOAT01 is powered by Shark Shield Technology, the world’s only scientifically proven and independently tested shark deterrent technology.
Ocean Guardian CEO, Lindsay Lyon, says, "Boat owners and their guests can have the confidence to enjoy the ocean anytime, anywhere! The technology inside the BOAT01 creates a 'virtual net' which provides a large, powerful protective swimming area."
Ocean Guardian BOAT01 Key Features:
- Provides a large and powerful protective safe swimming area up to 8 metres deep and 6 metres wide.
- Powered by proven existing Shark Shield Technology.
- The strong electrical field emitted from the device causes the shark to experience muscle spasms that turn it away.
- Easy to deploy off any vessel, beach or private jetty.
- Daisy-chain up to four devices together to build an extra-large "virtual net".
- All day use with a powerful 10-12 hour rechargeable lithium battery or the vessels 12/24DC or 110/240V.
- Optional solar power accessory for unattended use.
- Available in two colours – high-vis yellow or luxury white.
"Ocean Guardian’s shark deterrent systems aren’t just designed to protect you, but also the ocean – eliminating the need for shark nets, drums lines and needless shark culls. Best of all, it doesn’t harm the shark either," adds Lindsay.
The new Ocean Guardian BOAT01 is available now at www.ocean-guardian.com for RRP US$2,999 / AUD$3,499.